I hope everyone has been finding their new favorite book!

Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Interview with Lori Handeland

Welcome to Jagged Edge!
would you like to tell us a little about yourself?

I sold my first novel in 1993. Since then I've had the best job in the world. I've written in almost every genre--historical, contemporary, series, paranormal romance, urban fantasy and historical fantasy--for such publishers as Dorchester, Kensington, Harlequin, St. Martin’s, HarperCollins, Simon and Schuster and Penguin.

I I've won two RITA Awards from Romance Writers of America, the first for BLUE MOON and the second for THE MOMMY QUEST.

I live in Wisconsin. I've been married for 25 years and our two boys are now in college.


What inspired you to write?
I've wanted to be a writer since I was 10 and realized people actually wrote all those books I was reading.


What authors influenced you as a writer?
Early Laurel K. Hamilton, Stephen King.

Your favorite character?
There are too many to choose.

What is your favorite Quote?
Do or do not. There is no try.
Yoda

If you could jump in to a book, and live in that world, which would it be?
Some glittery Jackie Collins novel.


What is the one thing that every writer needs to have or do?
A computer and a strong ego.

Are your books different to your personal favorite books by other authors?
I rarely read in the genre I write in, so yes. My favorite author is Janet Evanovich. VERY different from my books.

What lead you to writing in this genre?
That's where the stories in my head fit.

What inspires you the most when you write?
A deadline.

How long does it normally take you to write a book and go through the whole process?
I can write a book in about 3-4 months but 6 is better.

What are you most excited about this year?
Going to the RWA conference in NY at the end of June where I'm nominated for a 4th RITA for MARKED BY THE MOON.

What book do you wish to see come out as a movie? (of course all authors want to see their movie on the big screen but what other book would you like to see?)
The Hunger Games--can't wait!

Funniest question you have ever been asked?
Why can't I find Second Chance, Missouri?
(The fictional location of my first novel.)
What happened while writing one of your books that you did not expect?
Many times the villains turn out to be someone completely different than they
started out to be.

Do you read the review when they are good and/or bad?
I only read the good ones.

What's next in life for you?
Making it through the summer with both kids home from college and finishing my first western historical romance written as Lori Austin.

LAST QUESTION:
Was their a question you wish I would have asked but didn't?
What's your next release?
CRAVE THE MOON-June 28, 2011

No comments:

Popular Posts