I hope everyone has been finding their new favorite book!

Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Happyface

Author: Stephen Emond
Series: ---
Publisher: 
Little, Brown Books for Young Readers
Publication Date: 
June 14, 2011

Paperback editionHow Received: For Review
Rate: 5+



Summary: Just put on a happy face! Enter Happyface's journal and get a peek into the life of a shy, artistic boy who decides to reinvent himself as a happy-go-lucky guy after he moves to a new town. See the world through his hilariously self-deprecating eyes as he learns to shed his comic-book-loving, computer-game playing ways. Join him as he makes new friends, tries to hide from his past, and ultimately learns to face the world with a genuine smile. With a fresh and funny combination of text and fully integrated art, Happyface is an original storytelling experience.


Review:
I love the story that was crafted stephen did an amazing job. There were many unexpectedly sad parts. Somethings I wished were explained a little more. But it made me want to start a crazy jurnal for my own. It was deffinatly funny and I connected to happyface in so many ways. But there was that one part that just broke my heart I felt like it was happening to me. There is of course those spots where happyface completley losses his mind. This is an amazing book that really makes you think about life. Plus it is very difficult to put down. Oh I almost forgot. The drawings really add to the book. Makes for the full experiance. 

No comments:

Popular Posts