I hope everyone has been finding their new favorite book!

Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Interview with Tom Peters


Welcome to Jagged Edge!
Would you like to tell us a little about yourself?
I am an ex-lawyer who enjoys playing the violin, studying German, Spanish and Greek and giving my dog long walks in the woods. In the summers when I’m not mowing the grass, and in the winters when I’m not shoveling the driveway, I sometimes write novels and an occasional short story.

What inspired you to write?
I got the bug a few years back and have been at it ever since. Why I write, I really can’t say precisely. I enjoy it though.

What authors influenced you as a writer?
Flannery O’Connor and John Steinbeck come quickly to mind. I’m sure there are others.

Your favorite character?
Enoch in Wise Blood. In my opinion, he is the only character in either of Flannery O’Connor’s two wonderful novels who was at all likeable.

What is your favorite Quote?
Trust in the Lord and rely not on your own understanding.” Proverbs

If you could jump in to a book, and live in that world, which would it be?
None. A good book should help you jump into your own world.

What is the one thing that every writer needs to have or do?
I don’t believe that there is such a thing.

Are your books different to your personal favorite books by other authors?
A novel should be an expression of the author’s unique personality and experience. We all have them.

What lead you to writing in this genre?
I enjoy writing in a younger voice. Perhaps my friends are right and I never grew up.

Where readers can find you?

LAST QUESTION:
Was their a question you wish I would have asked but didn't?
No, you did a good job.


No comments:

Popular Posts