I hope everyone has been finding their new favorite book!

Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Guest Post with Maggie James


Love Bleeds Character Guest Post: Kat talks about love, lust, vampires & her relationship with Joseph Markus..

Greeting all…Katarina Renót here. I am the female lead in Maggie James’ new release, Love Bleeds. I’ve stopped by here today to give you a bit of insight into my character in this awesome novel as well as my take on the vampire/mortal romance relationship.
I promised Ms. James, I wouldn’t give too much away in this post but I did want to touch on a few points that I felt were crucial in order to help readers understand why a woman such as myself, would be attracted to such a handsome, yet arrogant vampire like Joe.

When I first met Joseph Markus in that dark crowded nightclub, I was speechless. And I mean literally. His mere prescense captivated me in such a way that I had no words. Truth be told, I could barely breath. He was so utterly handsome that it took my breath away. Later that same evening, I had the opportunity to observe him on stage as he performed with his band Slang and let me just say this ladies…the man is the epitomy of sensuality. His deep rhaspy voice is hypnotic, his mere presence oozes with sexual prowess and off the stage…well, irresistable doesn’t even come close to describe Joe’s demeanor.
I am a sensible, well educated and logical woman but when that man, or should I say, vampire got within a few feet of me; nearly every ounce of my self control just vanished.
Oh but believe me when I tell you…I tried like hell to resist him at first. I normally despise arrogant, lust fueled alpha male types. And I should also mention that until I met Joe, I whole-heartedly DID NOT believe in vampires. I thought them to be nothing more than a simple modern day romantic manifestation of the legends once told of immortal creatures who roamed the earth at night, searching for willing prey with whom to have elicit sex, during which they could feed their insatiable thirtst for blood. Which in itself, may be partly true. However, in recent weeks, I have learned a lot about these undead creatures and I now believe my earlier opinion to be a bit biased.
Vampires may very well be the dark, sensual creatures of the night they have been portrayed as over the years but let us not forget they were once mortals like you and me. Whether it had been their choice or not to be turned immortal, many of them still unvoluntarily cling to their once mortal tendencies and/or emotions; they just hide it extremely well.
Take my dearest Joseph, for example. He may very well be the handsome, sexy, self-assured lead vocalist/vampire he appears to be, but under that cold-hearted ego-maniac exterior lurks the soul of a truly romantic man, crying out for love and acceptance. A fact I’m sure he would vehemently argue but it is true, nonetheless. Loving a vampire does have its challenges. But I feel the benefits definitely outweigh the compromises one must make in order to maintain a relationship with an immortal.
In the beginning, I fought my attraction to Joe with every ounce of my being. And bless his cold, dark heart, he managed to keep his wits about him, well…sort of. He knew there was something between us from the moment we met and no matter how desperately he wanted me, he didn’t resort to glamouring me or coersing me in any way.
Once I conceded to the fact that there was no way in hell I was going to resist him; I allowed my true feelings and desires to take the reigns and I have never looked back.
Joe is the most passionate, patient and sensual man I have ever known. The fact that he is immortal did take a bit of getting used to, that I will admit, but considering the feelings I have for him, it really doesn’t make a difference.
And the sex? Well, I’m normally not one to kiss and tell but let me just say this…that sultry hunk o’man really knows how to rock my world on and off the stage. He is not only a sensually charged performer but a even more erotic and inventive lover. He has turned this once demure, passive woman who could barely utter the word “sex” without blushing, into a aching, passionate creature of desire. With a single touch, Joe awakened in me such a yearning as I have never felt before, or even knew existed. He knew my deepest, darkest desires before we so much as shared our first kiss. That, my friends, is the true definition of the “perfect” lover. And our relationship in and out of the bedroom just keeps getting better everyday.
I think it best if I stop here. I fear if I were to continue I could possible reveal crucial details of mine and Joe’s relationship that are better discovered among the pages of Love Bleeds. I myself have read Ms. James awesome book and feel she has done an impeccable job of telling our tale; leaving almost nothing to the imagination as far as the physical side of our relationship goes, Ms. James does not disappoint where love scenes are concerned. Not only are they beautifully and sensually written from a physical aspect but the raw emotion truly moved me; and I’m the one who experienced it first hand!

In closing, I would like to thank Jagged Edge for inviting me to write this guest post.
I would also like to encourage each of you to purchase a copy of Love Bleeds for youselves. If you’re a fan of sexy, exciting paranormal romance fiction, you will not be disappointed! Please make sure to stop by Maggie’s blog or Facebook page and tell her how much you enjoyed it…I know how much she loves to hear from her readers and fans!
Thanks again for having me. Happy Reading!!
Best,
KAT

 Book Blurb: 
 There’s no such thing as vampires…


Straight-laced Katarina Renót is well educated, logical and doesn’t believe vampires truly exist. But when a well deserved holiday in Europe turns into a torrid game of cat and mouse with a handsome stranger and her best friend is exhibiting signs of being allergic to daylight-Kat doesn’t think her life can get any stranger.


 Every man has a weakness…Even an immortal…


 Joseph Markus is an arrogant, wealthy entrepreneur who spends his free time as the raspy lead singer for the rock band “Slang” and seducing beautiful women. After decades of mourning the tragic death of the only woman he ever loved, vying to save his best friend from an unrelenting death wish- now he is accused of being a murderer.


 An undeniable twist of fate…


 Kat learns her Prince Charming is actually the “Prince of Darkness” and though she can’t resist falling for this sultry vampire, she still lives in denial. But when the lines are drawn, and Kat finds herself caught in the middle of a deadly plot for revenge she has only one choice--trust the seductive vampire who has captured her heart.


 Despite his own arrogance, Joe finds himself inexplicably drawn to Kat. Her stubborn will to resist his seductive charms coupled with her endearing naiveté prove to be more than he bargained for and Joe soon realizes he is in way over his head.


 But will love be enough to save their immortal souls from the grips of a twisted obsession?


Amazon book listing: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B004QWZ850
Amazon U.K book listing:   https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B004QWZ850
Barnes & Noble listing:  http://search.barnesandnoble.com/Love-Bleeds/Maggie-James/e/2940012187390
Smashwords listing:  http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/45777


 Author Bio:
Born and raised in Central New Jersey, Maggie James is a proud 'Jersey Girl' who still resides there with her husband of 23 years and their children. Maggie prides herself on being a wildly romantic "Jersey Girl" with a passion for vampires, rock music and romance novels. She successfully combined these 3 elements in "LOVE BLEEDS" her sexy new tantalizing paranormal romance, the first installment in the Only After Dark series. (Book Two coming soon!)


 Maggie writes what she loves to read--Sizzling romantic novels containing the dark, mysterious and handsome alpha male and the strong willed, die-hard souled heroine who, despite her better judgement, can't resist him. Their worlds collide and you can't help yourself from being swept away into their irresistable world of passion and chivlary; heartbreak and reconciliation. You can follow Maggie on Facebook, Twitter, Blogger to keep updated on her newest & upcoming releases. Please feel free to leave a comment...Maggie loves to hear from her readers and fans!


Blog link:  http://maggiejames-author.blogspot.com/

4 comments:

Tanya1224 said...

I liked Kat's POV too =) I'm following Maggie's blog hop and have already read Joseph's POV. They sound like awesome characters. I'm not sure how Kat even tried to resist him....by the sounds of Joseph, there would have been no resisting from this girl ;) Thanks for sharing.
Tanyaw1224(at)yahoo(dot)com

Maggie James said...

Hi Tanya...Thanks for stopping by, great to see you're still following along..lol.
Glad you are enjoying the posts!!
Have an awesome day :-)
{{hugs}}

MAGGIE

Tanya1224 said...

=) of course I'm following along...this is a great way to get a feel for the characters and I'm definitely feeling Kat and Joseph ;)

Denise Z said...

I have to admit I was not sure about this one, but after reading this post - I will be checking it out. Thank you for sharing today.

Popular Posts