I hope everyone has been finding their new favorite book!

Monday, June 27, 2011

Monday Madness


So for a while i've been trying to figure out what I wanted to do now that I am an "adult". (Yes i'm using that word loosely) At first I was like "well I like to edit images and videos" And I toke a swing at that I have 17 credits for that under my belt. But at the same time i'm like "hmm if that don't work out I have to have a back up so.... Administrative Assistant!" Yeah I toke two classes, Then dropped one and finished the other on the first day with an A. That's right I tested out. I hated those classes not interesting at all! Which means the job would suck too! Right? Anyways, then i'm like" hmm well I want to do something I love. I started this blog and I figured it out librarian. So I am going to start with a certificate in Librarian Assistant. But you know I keep hearing all these things about librarians getting laid off so just in case I thought of another thing. Again I got to thinking "hmmm well my love of books is bigger then my love of Mountain Dew" (Trust me that is HUGE) and so I thought of becoming an editor of books. Yes, my grammar is not the best but I can spot both grammar mistakes and spelling mistakes.... When i'm not the one who made them. Now all I have to do is figure out how to get started. Are there certain degrees I need? I can I just start out by helping indie authors? So on and so forth. If you have any ideas on how to help me please let me know! I may just love you forever! (OK it depends on what you tell me and who you are! =] Hope you guys have an amazing day!

2 comments:

Theresa said...

Oh my gosh, you sound just like me. LOL I'm 35 years old and have just now figured out that I want to become a copy editor. Southern New Hampshire University offers a bachelors degree in creative writing, which can get you an editing position. You can also shout out to some of the smaller publishing houses that you might already deal with and see if anyone is willing to let you intern with them. Good luck!

Theresa said...

I forgot to mention that the degree through Southern New Hampshire University is completely online :)

Popular Posts